It's Cold Outside, Better Butter Up! (Our whipped body butter is a winter favorite!)
Caring for Skin in Winter
We all know that in winter the cold and the low humidity can cause our skin to to lose moisture and become itchy and dry. Maybe your skin becomes itchy and flaky this time of year, or just extra sensitive.
So, short of escaping to a tropical paradise, what can we do to ease winter skin woes?
- First, stay hydrated! Drinking plenty of water helps our bodies replenish moisture lost to cold, dry air.
- Second, consider switching to a heavier, oil based moisturizer during the winter months, especially for your hands, feet, elbows, and knees!
What Makes Whipped Body Butter Special?
It's a simple recipe, but potent! We combine...
- Cocoa butter, which is high is a variety of fatty acids & is recognized for both hydrating and forming a fatty barrier to retain skin's moisture
- Shea butter, which is high in vitamin A and E, which are both important for healthy skin. It also contains linoleic acid, a fatty acid that's naturally found in skin and helps reduce dry skin issues.
- Coconut Oil, which, again, offers hydration and a protective barrier against moisture loss. Also, coconut oil has a high percentage of lauric acid, known for its antimicrobial properties. This can help with scratchy, irritated dry skin.
- Avocado & Almond oils, both high in antioxidents and with antibacterial properties, these, again, help soften rough skin and retain moisture.
- Arrowroot Powder, which keeps the recipe from feeling "sticky" and adds a silky texture
- Optiphen, a liquid preservative that is paraben and formaldehyde free
- Phthalate free fragrance oils or essential oils, for the lovely smells
Interested in trying one of our whipped body butters? This is the time! Not only is winter the season when this product is most useful, it's also the only time of year we ship it. Body butter does melt in warm weather, or if you leave it on a sunny windowsill.
So, here are some of our beautiful butters, seductively scented and ready to soothe your dry winter skin!
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you are doing well and taking pleasure in some simple delights💕